Cookies are small text files inserted in your computer to identify your browser and your activities on our website.
These cookies are used for different purposes, such as to help you save time when you use our website or enable us to keep a statistical record of the use of our website, helping us to improve our services.
We inform you that you are free to reject these cookies if you so wish, and this will not prevent you from using our website. Likewise, we inform you that most browsers offer instructions as to how to reject cookies in general or indicate that you are receiving a cookie at a given time. Normally, the “Help” section of the tool bar in your browser will tell you how to perform these tasks.
The types of cookies used in our website can, generally, be classified in one of the following categories: (i) strictly necessary; (ii) analytical; (iii) functional; (iv) advertising; and (v) social media. The table below provides more information about each category of cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies: are those that are essential for our website to work. They enable you to browse the website and use its features. Without them, the necessary services for you to use our website could not be provided, such as accessing secure zones.
- Analytical cookies: are those that compile information about how users use our website, for example the most visited pages, how users move from one link to another, and whether they receive error messages from specific pages. All the information compiled by these cookies is compiled anonymously and contains information regarding how users use our website. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information regarding the performance of our website so as to help us improve it.
- Functional cookies: enable us to store and recall the options you have chosen and personalise our website to offer you enhanced features and contents. For example, these cookies may be used to recall your username, or choice of language or country.
- Advertising cookies: are used to present you with the adverts best suited to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see a particular ad and to measure the efficacy of advertising campaigns. These cookies recall that you have visited the website previously and this information may be shared with other organisations, such as advertising partners. This means that, after visiting our website, you may see ads regarding our services in other Internet sites.
- Social media cookies: to improve your experience in Internet, and to make it easier for you to share content, some pages of our website may contain tools or applications with links to providers of services in social media owned by third parties, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. These tools or applications enable the social media service providers to set their own cookies in your devices. We have no control over these cookies and you must consult the website of the social media service providers to ascertain how they use these cookies.
The time during which a cookie will remain in your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” cookie or a “session” cookie. Session cookies are lost when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies will remain in your device after you stop browsing and until they expire or are removed.
“Proprietary cookies” are those that belong to us and that we download to your device. “Third-party cookies” are placed by someone else in your browsing device when you visit our website. Third parties downloading cookies from our website will be providing us with a service or performing some function in the website, but we do not always have control over how these third-party cookies are used. Kindly consult the third party’s website or the information provided by that party in regard to how cookies are used.
We remind you that, in accordance with the provisions of Article 22 of Law 34/2002, dated 11 July, regarding Information Society and E-Commerce Services, you may withdraw or modify your consent for the cookies used by our website at any time. If you wish to withdraw or modify your consent, you may normally use the browser with which you view the website to define the parameters for storing or accessing cookies and, specifically, to enable, disable or remove cookies. To do this, follow your browser’s instructions (normally in the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menu). Please take into account that if you configure your browser to disable cookies you may not be able to access secure zones in the website and you may find that other parts of the website do not function properly.
With regard to advertising cookies, the European Union has developed a guide to help you reject this kind of cookie. For more information on this guide, visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The tablex below shows the cookies used most frequently on our website. It also shows the information on third parties that download cookies via our website.
|Name||Proprietary/Third-Party||Persistent or Session||Purpose|
|_ga||Third-Party: Google Analytics||Persistent: 2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Third-Party: Google Analytics||Persistent: 24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Third-Party: Google Analytics||Persistent: 1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
The information on cookies we use may be periodically updated and we therefore suggest you consult it periodically to be aware of any changes. New cookies may be added to the tables above, but the types of cookies used in our website will belong to one of the aforementioned categories, namely: strictly necessary; analytical; functional; advertising; and/or social media.